I love sweet tea. However long ago my grandparents started making with sweet n low. Traditionally it is made with a simple syrup. While I can’t really drink tea that sweet anymore, I’ve often wondered what it would be like in cake form. Well here…
Back on January 19th I posted my version of the Tik Tok, cake cutting hack, on my Instagram. While you all loved the hack, what I heard most was, “I need that recipe”! So here you go. This is my vanilla cake recipe. It is…
It seems so simple but fresh whipped cream, made at home, is something special.
I love recipes that are simple but offer a big wow factor. It’s ironic that something so simple is often not tried. I hope this gives you the incentive needed to make your own whipped cream.
Homemade Whipped Cream
- 16 ounces COLD Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 cup Confectioners' Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Remove cream from your refrigerator, right before you are going to use it. You want your cream cold.Pour the cream into a metal bowl. Again, it should be room temperature or colder.
- Starting on a slow speed, use a hand mixer or stand up fitted with whisk, and start to whip the cream.As cream starts to thicken up, gradually increase speed of mixer.
- Once you have acheived a bubbly and foamy cream you can gradually add in the confectioners' sugar and then add the vanilla.
- From here mix at high speed until you have the desired consistency. From soft peaks to stiff.Store in an air tight container in refrigerator for up to a week.
It seems like I always do the same things with m leftovers. And I throw more away than I would like. Especially in these times, I feel like I really want to stretch my leftovers and use them all up. One night, I made a…