Who doesn’t love a good rice Krispy treat? It was one of the first things I made without adult supervision!
They are the epitome of a “treat”. They are sweet and gooey and taste so good.
Recently, I tried a new spin on the recipe and made Rocky Road. It has all the elements of the ice cream; almond, marshmallow and chocolate. It is also a traditional rice cereal treat with marshmallows, cereal and butter. How do you vary your treats?
Rocky Road Rice Krispy Treats
- 4 Tbs. Unsalted Butter
- 1 10-ounce pkg. Marshmallows
- 2 cups Mini Marshmallows
- 1 cup Chopped Almonds
- 1 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 6 cups Fresh Cocoa Krispies cereal
- Butter, heavily a 9x13 pan.In a large, heavy saucepan, melt butter. I use a dutch oven.Add regular marshmallows and stir until melted.Remove from heat.Add the cereal and stir to coat evenly.Stir in almonds, mini-marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Carefully, with buttered hands and spatula, pat into prepared pan.Cool completely then cut in to 3 inch square.You can serve immediately or wrap in plastic wrao and store at room temp for up to 2 days.