I love the idea of homemade gifts, especially sweet ones you can eat!
This popcorn bark is the perfect canvas for any occasion. You can customize your colors and flavors to fit any holiday. Peppermints at Christmas time, Conversation Hearts at Valentines Day and Jelly Beans for Easter. Then again who needs an occasion? Make this for a movie night at home or anytime your kids need a project.
I used a packaged sweet n salty popcorn. You can do a plain popcorn or if you like it sweeter, you can use a kettle corn. This is your gift to give!
As always, please let me know what you do with this recipe. Send pictures and comments. Please follow me on Instagram @whiskinthesouthern
- 8 cups Popcorn
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 8 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup Candy, of your choice
- 1/4 cup Another candy, of your choice.
- 1 Tbs. Finishing Salt, like Maldon
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or a silpat.Spread the popcorn out evenly over the entire sheet. Try to keep an even layer, from edge to edge.
- Melt white chocolate. I like to do it in the microwave in 15 second intevals. I also melt it in disposable pastry bags. You can melt in a bowl and then transfer to a ziploc bag. Cut a small cornerr off and use that to drizzle the white chocolate, in lines all over the popcorn. Try to get edge to edge.Repeat melting process with milk chocolate and drizzle over popcorn in different direction than white chocolate.Remember edge to edge.
- Sprinkle candies over wet chocolate drizzle and lightly press in.Allow candy to set until chocolate is firm, at room temperature, at least an hour.Carefully,break into random pieces and place in gift box or serve.This will keep for 3-5 days.