Here is another fantastic recipe from my #stepuptosensational concept. Let me know what you think.
Lemon Garlic Chicken
- 4 ea. Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, pounded thin
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 3 Tbs. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3 Tbs. Unsalted Butter
- 1 small Shallot, finely chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs. All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Half and Half, you can also use coconut milk.
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 Tbs. Chopped Flat Leaf parsley
- 1 small Lemon, sliced thin
Cook to Impress
- 5-1/2 cups additional Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, diced fine
- 1 cup Arborio Rice
- 1/2 cup Dry White Wine
- 1 cup Fresh Grated Parmesan
- 2 Tbs. additional Flat Leaf Parsley
- Kosher salt and Frsh ground pepper to season
- Season Chicken breasts with salt and pepper.Heat Olive oil in a saute pan, until glistening.Place chicken breasts in pan. Drizzle lemon juice over chicken, evenly. Let cook 6 minutes on each side. Remember if the chicken is still sticking to the pan, it is not ready to be turned.Serve with rice and a green vegetable.
- Prepare as above, omitting the lemon, in this step. Transfer chicken to platter and cover with foil, to hold.Reduce the heat and add the butter to pan and melt. Add the shallot, garlic, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in flour and coat the shallot and garlic. Cook for one additional minute.Stir in the half & half and broth, stirring until smooth. Make sure you get all the browned bits from the pan, too.Bring to a boil then reduce heat, return chicken to pan and simmer until sauce thickens. Make sure you get any juices that the chicken may have let off. This should take 3-4 minutes.Stir in Lemon juice. Garnish with chopped parsley and lemon slices.
Cook to Impress
- Prepare chicken as in simple preparation.Make your risotto:Bring the chicken stock to a boil then reduce to a low simmer. You want to to keep it medium hot.In a separate large saute pan, heat the olive oil and saute onion with a pinch of salt. Cook until onion is soft, about 8 minutes.Add in arborio rice and stir to warm the rice and coat with onions and oil. Add the wine and cook until it has mostly evaporated, about 3 minutes.Start adding the stock. You want to add 1 cup at a time and stir constantly until it is all absorbed between additions. This should take you about 20 minutes. You are looking for the rice to be al dente and creamy. If you reach that point before you have used all the stock. Thats okay. Refrigerate the stock for next time.Remove from heat and stir in cheese and lemon juice. Portion out in shallow bowls or dishes and place chicken over the top.Garnish each portion with parsley, a drizzle of good olive oil and fresh lemon zest.