Hawaiian French Toast
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk You can use any kind of milk, even dairy-free
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- pinch salt
- 8 slices Portuguese Sweet Bread 3/4" slices. You can use brioche or King's Hawaiian
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter I think I use more!
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk vanilla, honey and salt. Soak bread slices in egg mixture for 2 minutes each side.
- Melt 1 Tbsp. of butter in a large skillet and add half of the soaked bread. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until it is just golden brown. Repeat with remaining bread and butter.
- Place cooked bread on a baking sheet and cook in preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with whatever toppings you like. I like butter, and a mixture of bananas and chopped macadamia nuts with a drizzle of maple and coconut syrups.