It seems so simple but fresh whipped cream, made at home, is something special.
I love recipes that are simple but offer a big wow factor. It’s ironic that something so simple is often not tried. I hope this gives you the incentive needed to make your own whipped cream.
Homemade Whipped Cream
- 16 ounces COLD Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 cup Confectioners' Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Remove cream from your refrigerator, right before you are going to use it. You want your cream cold.Pour the cream into a metal bowl. Again, it should be room temperature or colder.
- Starting on a slow speed, use a hand mixer or stand up fitted with whisk, and start to whip the cream.As cream starts to thicken up, gradually increase speed of mixer.
- Once you have acheived a bubbly and foamy cream you can gradually add in the confectioners' sugar and then add the vanilla.
- From here mix at high speed until you have the desired consistency. From soft peaks to stiff.Store in an air tight container in refrigerator for up to a week.